Yes, ON the slope of the ski resort, ski-in/ski-out.
Each one has amazing views out of every window and there are so many windows to choose from.
Very cozy and comfortable spaces with beautiful bedrooms, large balcony, your own private hot tub and a Montana Moss stone gas fireplace.
Three chalets to choose from:
- Ponderosa (where I stayed) 2 bedrooms, 2 baths
- Tamarack 2 bedrooms, 2 baths
- Cedar Chalet (the biggest) 3 bedrooms, 4 baths
known as :
The World’s First Ski-in/Ski-out Treehouses
The owner, Gail Lynne Goodwin, has created this luxurious retreat that includes stunning architecture and first rate amenities. Plus incorporating fun and even a magical third floor turret retreat - That includes a huge bean bag (Xorbee), sparkling stars among the cosmos, lots of windows and a big light up star to create the perfect atmosphere.
Did the chalets need a magical turret retreat? Was all that extra time (and I'm sure money) necessary? Nope, not at all but that's what makes it's so special!
It's easy to fall in love with these chalets but what really made me appreciate them even more were the details! All those little things that add up to make a big deal!
beautiful wood and stone
on every bed
steel and wood
more details I loved:
- art from local artists
- washer and dryer
- storage and more storage plus extra storage
- power (some plugs with USB) everywhere - under the dining table, on bed, next to fireplace
- gorgeous sliding barn doors that separate one room form living room
- HUGE bolts and steel beams
- amazing wood work
- coolest coffee maker ever
- sofa reclines
- gas fireplace
- sonos speaker (download the app and play your music)
- cool showers
- heated bathroom floors
- digital lock on front door (no key to loose)
- air conditioning (for summer)
- softest comforter
- little nooks
- fluffy towels (very important)
- two huge fancy bean bag chairs (Xorbee)
- cool design under kitchen cabinets
- metal art next to hot tub with bear logo
- a great comprehensive instruction book to help with everything in the chalet
- say to anyone at the ski resort "I'm staying at the treehouse" and they will tell you how cool that is :)
As you can tell, I loved my stay at the Snow Bear Chalet (treehouse) - I wish I could move in and live there.
It's the perfect winter and summer location - There's hiking, fishing, biking and Glacier National Park is just an hour away.
Disclosure: Snow Bear Chalets hosted my stay in Whitefish for 3 days but as always, all of the opinions expressed here are my own.